Re: dh-make-perl plans [was: Joining the Debian Perl team]

Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> I'd appreciate ideas how to attack the problem. Ideally,
> Debian::Control::FromCPAN should work in both cases, populating the
> control file with package names and dependencies. Both when there is
> a META.yml file and when there is no such thing (about 200 of
> pkg-perl's packages in trunk/ lack META.yml).

A little known fact I discovered when investigating CPAN module dependencies:

http://www.mail-archive.com/module-build@perl.org/msg01157.html

"auto generation of META for distributions which don't have them" via a web
service on search.cpan.org.

If a web service is no good, then perhaps the implementation can be borrowed.