Re: Perl 5.12

>>> Perl before.
>>>
>>> It's my understanding that Perl 5.12 is just round the corner;  All
>>> known blocking bugs are now closed (as of last night) and we'll be
>>> seeing a 5.12 RC in the very near future.
>> There is a separate mailing list regarding the packaging of the
>> perl interpreter, I am sure they would welcome the help.
>=20
> So let's CC perl@packages.debian.org to get the attention of the perl
> maintainers :)

Perl interpreter team, as many other teams, suffer from the lack of peopl=
e/time.
Currently there are literally 1.2 maintainers in the team (Niko Tyni as 1=
 and
/me as 0.2).

AFAIK, there is no work in progress to package Perl 5.12 yet. Niko, maybe=
, has
 his own thoughts about Perl 5.12, currently he's busy, so please wait fo=
this answer in this thread.

--=20
C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer