Re: AptPkg::* + Dpkg::* not in CPAN

-=| Emmanuel Rodriguez, Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 11:39:31AM +0100 |=-
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> > My guess is that since using these requires a Debian system,
> > distributing them outside of Debian makes little sense (to their
> > authors).
>
> Does it? Apt-get has been ported to RPM systems.

Disclaimer (sorry that I haven't made this clear)
I am just guessing, on behalf of the authors. I am not one of them and
have never heard from them on this subject.

> Also with so many Debian
> derivates out there that it could be handy.

The derivates in question can (and should) get the modules from their
package repositories.