Re: Perl modules in Debian that do not adhere to Debian's naming policy

Dear all,

thank you for your comments. I have decided to split the current bioperl
package between libbio-perl-perl, that will containt the modules, and bioperl,
that will contain the rest. While the benefit is perhaps neglectable for the
packages that depend on bioperl, a recent troubleshooting session involving
perl modules convinced me that it is very convenient to be able to predict
the package name from the module name.

Bioperl currently has a RC bug, I will first solve it before doing the package
splitting, since this requires to go through the NEW queue.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,