Re: dh-make-perl revamped (not really)
On Dec 11, 2008, at 9:57 PM, Guy Hulbert wrote:
On Thu, 2008-11-12 at 18:56 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
Cool, tests and feedback is always welcome.
could you post the svn-url for trunk/
to the list please.
Thanks ... I'm pulling it via git-svn ... which I know hits the repo
pretty hard the first time but I suppose it can't be much worse than
I could push a copy up to git-hub if it were desired ... I've done
with a couple of other projects and it goes up much faster than the
original download. On git-hub it can be shared efficiently via
Personally I don't like this idea. My reasons are;
1. debian already has infrastructure, for example alioth, even if it
is heavily utilized.
2. github is highly unlikely to be compliant with the DFSG
3. git is already widely used in debian to maintain packages (please
see the alioth mailing list vcs-pkg-discuss)
4. traditionally perl code is shared via CPAN, this is where most
perl hackers would go to look for perl code,
while github is an excellent commercial service, that I use as
well, it is sort-of a ruby-version-of-cpan-in-the-cloud
and as such lacks the appropriate infrastructure in comparison
to CPAN (i.e. mirroring, ftp sites, cpan, foundation backing, etc.)
5. I strongly feel it is inappropriate to host Free Software with a