Re: libio-socket-ssl-perl_1.15 in lenny?

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:07:21 +0200, Christopher Odenbach wrote:

[Adding debian-perl@lists.debian.org to get a wider audience.]

> are there any chances to get the new libio-socket-ssl-perl from sid into
> lenny before release? After which period of time of being in sid do
> packages automatically enter testing?

I'm afraid the chances are very low.

Lenny is frozen since 27th July [0], which means that packages move from
sid to lenny only after a manual approval by the release team. The
current guidelines for freeze exception from 1st December can be
found at [0] and [1], and I think that libio-socket-ssl-perl does not
qualify [2].

The "normal" criteria for moving to testing (i.e. when there is no
freeze before a release) are described at [3].

[0]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/07/msg00007.html

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/09/msg00000.html

[2]
$ svn diff -r21743 | diffstat
 Changes                               |   22
 MANIFEST                              |    4
 Makefile.PL                           |  115 +
 README                                |   17
 SSL.pm                                | 2135 +++++++++++++++++++---------------
 certs/client-cert.pem                 |   68 -
 certs/my-ca.pem                       |   36
 certs/server-cert.pem                 |   69 -
 certs/server-wildcard.pem             |   87 +
 certs/test-ca.pem                     |   36
 debian/changelog                      |   11
 debian/compat                         |    2
 debian/control                        |    8
 debian/copyright                      |   56
 debian/libio-socket-ssl-perl.docs     |    2
 debian/libio-socket-ssl-perl.examples |    1
 debian/rules                          |   54
 example/lwp-with-verifycn.pl          |   18
 t/auto_verify_hostname.t              |  108 +
 t/core.t                              |    2
 t/verify_hostname.t                   |  118 +

[3]
http://www.debian.org/devel/testing
--
 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4