Bug#458918: RFP: libgetopt-tabular-perl -- Perl module for table-driven argument parsing
Package name : libgetopt-tabular-perl
Version : 0.3
Upstream Author : Copyright © 1995-98 Greg Ward
URL : http://search.cpan.org/dist/Getopt-Tabular/
License : same as Perl itself
Programming Lang: Perl
Description : Perl module for table-driven argument parsing
Getopt::Tabular is a Perl 5 module for table-driven argument parsing,
vaguely inspired by John Ousterhout's Tk_ParseArgv.
Some nice features of Getopt::Tabular are:
* Command-line arguments are carefully type-checked, both by pattern and
number---e.g. if an option requires two integers, GetOptions makes sure
that exactly two integers follow it!
* The valid command-line arguments are specified in a data structure
separate from the call to GetOptions; this makes it easier to have very
long lists of options, and to parse options from multiple sources
(e.g. the command line, an environment variable, and a configuration
* Getopt::Tabular can intelligently generate help text based on your option
* The type system is extensible, and if you can define your desired
argument type using a single Perl regular expression then it's
particularly easy to extend.
* Options can be abbreviated and come in any order.
* A "spoof" mode in which arguments are parsed without side-effects.
libgetopt-tabular-perl is needed by minc
(http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/minc), so the Debian-Med packaging team
would be really greatful if somebody would take care of packaging this module,
which field of use is broader than our scope.
Wako, Saitama, Japan