Updates to qareport
finally, last night I decided to solve the pending issues around dist/
URLs when using the CPAN cache. So after some discussion with Gregor,
I wrote a parser for 02packages.details.txt.gz, hoping to use it for
all our cpan needs, in conunction with the CPAN::DistnameInfo module
for parsing filenames.
Silly me, of course it doesn't show unofficial versions of modules or
distributions, so I recovered the old parser and left them both, so we
can use two different caches (one for dist/ URLs and the other for
by-modules and by-authors). I've tried to use the find-ls.gz file,
which looks much better than a ls-lR, but CPAN is SO fucked up that
this file seems to lack *some* files in the by-authors hierarchy.
Also, by accident (because packages.details is indexed by module and
not by distribution) I discovered that the upstream author of
Class::Autoclass, has released a new version using autoclass as the
dist name, and using underscores as version separators , and all
this is valid in CPAN!
To sum it up, I guess we've been too naïve about CPAN; we should think
on how to cope with all this chaos. We can not rely too much on
following individual distributions, as we're about to reach 600 of
these. May be we should think of using some custom watchfile that
could do queries on module names or something like that...