Re: DM and pkg-perl

Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> My answer to this is to clean Uploaders: list before uploading $P with
> DM-Yes from all non-DDs, except $A.

It's unfortunate that the Uploaders field is overloaded to mean so many
different things than "can upload this package". That's the root of the
confusingness.

Another approach might be for the DM team to ping pkg-perl before
accepting an applicant, if the applicant is an uploader of pkg-perl
packages. Then you could decide to advocate them, in which case you
presumably want to keep the field as-is, or decide you don't want them
uploading yet, and remove them from uploaders. This does mean more work
for both teams, but it seems feasable to automate it on the DM side, so
(without asking my teammates) I don't see a problem with doing it that
way if it would be useful.

--
see shy jo