Re: RFS: libwhisker2-perl
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007, Deepak Tripathi wrote:
> Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>> You're free to find other sponsors, of course.
> so i think now you can sopnsor it.
I talked with Deepak on -mentors earlier about this package, and had
the following concerns which whoever ends up sponsoring it should be
aware of and either be comfortable with or require resolution of.
1. libwhisker2-perl isn't in CPAN
2. It actually installs a module called LW2.pm instead of Whisker2.pm
in the perl namespace
3. It doesn't use strict; or use warnings; and the actual coding style
of the module is needlessly opaque.
4. It likely could be entirely replaced with something that uses LWP
or similar instead of (possibly incorrect) reimplementation of the
5. The only thing that uses it is nikto, and it's quite likely that
the use of LW.pm can be entirely replaced with LWP.
More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.
One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.
The other, to total extinction.
Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
-- Woody Allen