Re: A plan to get rid of unnecessary package dependencies
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 05:33:53PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> Any ideas about the packages with 'problems'?
I have fixed these:
libopengl-perl (explicitly specify only the needed libs in debian/rules)
- quite a mess, but I think I got it right
libvorbis-perl (removed extra libs from Makefile.PL)
- there's also a fix for double-frees at file closing time (#389571)
libwww-curl-perl (don't use curl-config, just link with -lcurl)
libnet-z3950-perl (replace 'yaz-config --libs' with -lyaz)
libastro-fits-cfitsio-perl (remove -lm from debian/rules)
- this really needs an upload to get linked with cfitsio3 (#372797)
- I guess we'll have to link it statically since #375472 doesn't seem to
get fixed (unless someone wants to NMU cfitsio3...)
libnet-patricia-perl (remove -lnsl from Makefile.PL)
There are also a few packaging fixes, of course.
I'd be glad if somebody could look these through and upload them.
- what's the status of this? Reading #348910, it should be either
replaced by a dummy package or removed. Carlo?
- the libs come from 'pkg-config --libs-only-l librsvg-2.0'
- I guess we should just list the needed ones manually
Niko Tyni email@example.com