Re: RFS: new upstream of libemail-simple-perl

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 16:08 -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Paul Wise dijo [Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 11:27:28AM +0800]:
> > While packaging WWW::Topica

Turns out this has 2 very annoying bugs, one critical, so I won't need a
sponsor for it until the upstream author surfaces, or I learn enough
perl to fix them.

If the pkg-perl group wants to adopt and or upload the dependencies,
I've uploaded them all to mentors.debian.net, the package names are
libemail-date-perl, libemail-localdelivery-perl,
libemail-simple-creator-perl and libfile-path-expand-perl. I also
uploaded libwww-topica-perl if anyone wants to check it.

> , I found that I needed a newer upstream of
> > libemail-simple-perl, so I've created an NMU of it:

> > http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Email/Email-Simple-1.92.tar.gz
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/libemail-simple-perl_1.92-0.1.diff.gz?bug=329533;msg=10;att=1
> >
> > Would anyone be able to sponsor it?
>
> I hope somebody answers to you soonish - otherwise, I will. Feel free
> to ping me by private mail next Monday-Tuesday if you have got no replies.

Krzysztof Krzyzaniak offered to upload it. If he hasn't had time by
then, I'll ask you.

> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/dh-make-perl-all.patch?bug=342751;msg=15;att=1
>
> /me puts on dh-make-perl maintainer hat on
> /me takes note
> /me looks, interested, at the patch
> /me is quite busy - but will definitively try to upload it soon -

Excellent, thanks!

Only change I can think of is perhaps putting the make-apt-repository
script in /usr/lib or /usr/share instead of /usr/bin (or perhaps
integrating it into dh-make-perl-all).

--
bye,
pabs