Re: Packaging effort for Perl Debs

Simon Waters <simon@technocool.net> writes:
> I'm wondering how much effort is involved in maintaining a (simple)
> Debian Perl package, in terms of hours per week.

Not a lot, generally.

> I'm assuming from the limited number of packages in the CPAN debs
> repository (and Debian),

Err, Debian has over 900 -perl packages.  While that may be only a
fraction of CPAN as a whole, it's certainly not "limited".

Now many of those may not be in the CPAN debs repository, but I think
that's more representative of the fact that Debian is liberal (some
might say indiscriminate) in accepting such packages into the
distribution, when compared with others.

Mike
--
Without you everything just falls apart -- Nine Inch Nails