Re: libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbd-sqlite2-perl
I'm Cc'ing the maintainers of related packages to get them in the loop.
NOTICE: Nothing has happened yet. You don't have to do anything yet
but please do provide feedback!
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 10:16:51PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> libdbd-sqlite-perl -> SQLite 2, provides DBD::SQLite
> libdbd-sqlite2-perl -> SQLite 2, provides DBD::SQLite2 (per upstream)
> libdbd-sqlite3-perl -> SQLite 3, provides DBD::SQLite (per upstream)
> In this way existing scripts won't break silently after 'apt-get
> upgrade' and people have a chance to plan ahead. It's butt-ugly,
> but go yell at upstream for that.
I have done this and the packages are available at
Please, please, please review this and tell me of any fsck ups. I have
tested installing and deinstalling this stuff here and it works as I
I have changed the maintainer to DPG and added Krzysztof and myself as
uploaders. Beyond that I tried not to introduce any other changes to
Can I get added to the pkg-perl group in Alioth, please? I'd like to
commit this to SVN as a first step.
libdbd-sqlite3-perl might or might not stall at ftp-master, so the plan
is to upload that first and wait until it makes its way to the archive.
I think it would be wise to ask for libdbd-sqlite-perl to be removed
from testing and leave it in unstable for a while to give people the
chance to upgrade. This means the affected packages need to migrate to
libdbd-sqlite2-perl or libdbd-sqlite3-perl, the later being
preferrable but not mandatory.
All that said, this *needs* to happen before sarge gets released,
whenever higher spirits decide for that to happen.