Perl module licenses (was Re: libxml-filter-sax1tosax2-perl_0.03-1_i386.changes REJECTED)

Hi,

Well, it seems to be the pedantic season here.  I got the following reply
from James Troup when trying to get libxml-filter-sax1tosax2-perl in Debian.

He has some points, but I've got a feeling that a lot more Perl  modules in
Debian has the same issue.  It's a common practice for modules to have
something like

  This is free software, you may use and distribute this module under
  the same terms as Perl itself.

and sofar this has not been a problem.

What to do?  Do we got back to all our upstream authors and ask them to
clarify their license?  Or...

Thanks,
Ardo

--