Re: Automatic generation of Debian-Packages
Hmmm... I was thinking of a group that:
* handle the RFP of perl modules,
* Document the usage of tools like dh-make-perl
* Improve such tools
* Handle the bugs of the packages under group's maintainance
* Encourage CPAN developers that uses debian to help the group
* Maintain up to date the packages under group's maintainance
And, if we have free time:
* Create debian packages for other CPAN modules, even without a RFP
(maybe maintaining a survey of "Which CPAN module would you like to
see in Debian?", and packaging the most wanted).
Em Ter, 2003-11-18 às 09:37, Leon Brocard escreveu:
> Dariush Pietrzak sent the following bits through the ether:
> > Well, I've had quite some problems tracking dependencies few levels deep,
> > having that module in debian with proper dependencies would be nice.
> I don't think it really makes sense for Debian to start packaging up
> every CPAN module. However, I reckon that Perl people (oh no, that
> includes me) should be doing it.
> The main question is this: what exactly do you need to package up a
> CPAN module under Debian? Better prereqs? Better defaults under
> interactive installs? [bear in mind that we can easily add metadata,
> but one thing we can't do is change everyone's modules]
> Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
> ... He didn't fall? Inconceivable!