new version (-2) of versioned Perl available
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
There is a new version of the versioned Perl's available on master in
Incoming and on my site at:
deb http://www.daft.com/pub/debian/released ./
Here's the change file from perl-5.005_5.005.03-2. (The
5.004_5.004.05-2 is almost identical)
Jim, Roman, I've included you specifically so you'll see this and you
can check if you can build for arm and m68k now.
It is weird that it's not possible to request a membership list from
smartlist at lists.debian.org....
perl-5.005 (5.005.03-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added arm architecture to debian/make.base, Closes Bug #40666.
(Thanks to Jim Pick <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Made a few more changes to debian/rules to support bugs in fileutils
(see bug #39680 that I filed) as well as testing for arm under make
test and letting it fail. There has to be a better way to do this.
Fixes from Jim Pick <email@example.com>
* perl-5.\d+-doc replaces perl (<< 5.004.05-1) so the manpages won't
conflict. Closes Bug #40689.
(Thanks to Joel Klecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Conditionalize the inclusion of ndbm.h in ext/NDBM_File/NDBM_File.xs
so that m68k (still on glibc 2.0) will build. Closes Bug #40781.
(thanks to Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>)
* New version of perl-policy from Raphael.
* Fix Config.pm's startperl to be /usr/bin/perl (or
/usr/bin/perl-thread) when the build is done.
* Fix the installmandir's in Config.pm so a simple perl Makefile.PL;
make test; make install will work from the user's point of view. Closing
bugs #34106, #15797, #28955.
<email@example.com> <http://www.daft.com/~torin> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-800-921-4996
@ Sysadmin, webweaver, postmaster for hire. C/Perl/CGI/Pilot programmer/tutor @
@ Make a little hot-tub in your soul. @
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.4, an Emacs/PGP interface
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----