New release of 5.004.05-0.9
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Please try out the new release of 5.005.05-0.9. This completes all the
things I said I wanted to do in the README. Most especially, it solves
the following problem:
d) Perl-5.004 doesn't have the arch-specific path of the modules
compiled for the non-versioned Perl.
This broke binary modules from the non-versioned Perl. Considering that
none of them have been updated yet, that's bad.
I've also included v1.0 of Raphael's perl-policy document. Take a look
and comment if you'd like.
The changes for 5.004.05-0.9 are:
* perl.1p.gz didn't have an update-alternatives --remove in the prerm.
* Convince commands with no manpages that they should have an
unversioned symlink installed by update-alternatives.
* Installed updated eg/rename as a command. eg/rename was updated by
Robin Barker <Robin.Barker@npl.co.uk).
* Added the Perl Policy to the doc package. Registered it with
doc-base. I'll install the other docs with it later.
* Change the description of perl-base to mention perl-=version= rather
than just perl.
* Add /usr/lib/perl5/$(version)-linux/5.004 as the last element in the
@INC path. This allows binary modules compiled with the older
non-versioned Perl to actually work.
<email@example.com> <http://www.daft.com/~torin> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-800-921-4996
@ Sysadmin, webweaver, postmaster for hire. C/Perl/CGI/Pilot programmer/tutor @
@ Make a little hot-tub in your soul. @
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.1, an Emacs/PGP interface
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----