Mozldap switch: --with-openldap to go away?

Hi,

I'm not sure if Debian configures LO with --with-openldap for a
specific reason or if we would be OK with switching to Mozilla LDAP in
future versions.

Do we have positive confirmation that the LDAP features of LO work
with OpenLDAP?

Just in case you missed this thread on upstream ML, wanted to give you
a heads-up so that you can weigh in before it maybe happens.

--
Lionel
--- Begin Message ---
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 02:19:50PM +0100, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Dne 15. prosince 2011 14:13 Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu> napsal(a):
>> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 10:40:25AM +0100, Tomáš Chvátal wrog    te:

>>> I tried to implement simple mozldap system switch to update from the
>>> older-than-sun bundled firefox [1].

>> You seem to remove support for OpenLDAP; any reason for that?

> Yep, because even if that thing did build with openldap backend I was
> unable to make it work. It is also not working in SUSE so I just
> expected it to be uttery broken and rather drop it completely.

The Debian packages are built against OpenLDAP. I guess that if it
were utterly broken (in 3.4), some Debian user would have noticed? I'd
be glad to explicitly check it out if you give me a LibO/LDAP-noob
proof test script.

--
Lionel