Bug#471348: closed by Lior Kaplan <firstname.lastname@example.org> (openoffice.org: Segmentation fault trying to open a .sdc)
On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 07:51:07PM +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> >> Please send the .sdc. Without it, nothing can be done at all.
> > I'll ask the owner, but it's unlikely I'll get permission, being a
> > confidential report. I'll check if OOo2 stumbles on other less sensitive .sdc
> > though.
> I'm closing this report as you can't give us any means to reproduce it.
I did send such an .sdc, to <email@example.com> on Sat, 22 Mar 2008, but
seems it got lost - see also comments #15 and #20 to #484453, which
where actually meant for #484454 and somehow they got the wrong address.
Anyway, I was going to reply to #471348#39, as I got the chance to test
latest 2.4.0: I couldn't make it segv on those files, yet I see a funny
behaviour, on a few .sdc: it hangs indefinitely taking away the CPU, on
a pc with AMD Duron 1.3G + 512MB + k188.8.131.52 + Etch
VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
204m 78m 57m R 96.8 15.6 4:55.97 soffice.bin
while it works on AMD Athlon XP 2800+ + 1G + k184.108.40.206 + Etch.
And, in this case, OOo2 2.4.0 from upstream hangs as well.
Again, not a glitch with OOo1.1.5.
Going to debianize 2.4.1 and see if they got it right eventually.