Different dependencies on openoffice.org2 (than 1.1)

Hello,

I have 2 questions regarding the dependencies of OOo:

When installing openoffice.org-l10n-fr:
$ apt-get install openoffice.org-l10n-fr
I also get openoffice.org-l10n-en, as a dependency (and other packages
too of course). However, I can remove it:
$ apt-get remove openoffice.org-l10n-en
And it still works fine.
First question is: why this behavior? Is openoffice.org-l10n-en really
needed? If not, could the dependency be removed?

On version 2 of OOo, I get almost the same behavior, with the
difference that I can not remove openoffice.org2-l10n-en-us without
removing all openoffice.org2.
Is it normal to get this english package if I want OOo 2 in French?

Note: all this is for a remaster of Knoppix I am doing, in French:
 - Kaella: http://kaella.linux-azur.org/
We do have to be carefull in the disk space used, as we are limited.
So unwanted packages are looked at carefully, especially if they are
big ;-)

Thanks for your help
Yann