Re: Build system "problems" still unresolved

Hi,

Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> - still needs to be real root user to build at some time (fakeroot is
> not enough, for whatever reason)

fakeroot in woody is buggy...

> - the clean target of debian/rules does not do a really good job, as a
> result, dpkg-source is giving a lot of error messages (I never noticed
> this before, because it was the first time I tried). A lot of images
> (.png) and .o files are left after "clean". It is too hard for me to
> figure out how to help.

Should be fixed in rc3. There is solenv/unxlngi4/bin/dmake (for i386)
left which gives problems... unxlngi4 may indicate a problem since the
.pro is missing, so we are not sure if we should just rm it or have to
fix something more deeper and this then goes away...

> - // building is still not possible, yet could be really useful (can I
> do something to help with this? Can I try and tell where it breaks?)

sure...

> - still uses Java

jup :(

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73