Re: OOo 1.1 installed, 1.0.3 Opens?

On Sat, 31 May 2003 11:09:53 -0600, Daniel Teichert <danielt@ee.byu.edu> wrote:

And I heard Ken Walker exclaim:
I am using debian and have OpenOffice 1.0.3 installed on my system. I used apt-get to install the 1.1 version and I see that it added a new menu category to my Kde menues. Trouble is, when I pick a program, say Writer, from that category, 1.0.3 still opens.

I had thise same problem, and moving my .openoffice and
.sversionrc (filenames from memory, could be wrong) out of the
way fixed it.

I didn't try running 1.0.3 after that, so I don't know if they
coexist well.

HTH.

Well, uh, no, it didn't but thanks anyway. Actually, since I tried to install the beta I have not been able to get open office to work at all. Whether I try to fire it up with AltF2 or from the kde menu, it displays a wee icon on the screen and tried to load for perhaps a minute then quietly vanishes. I have looked for log files to see what it is doing, but as far as I can tell there are none.

I used apt-get to uninstall the beta and reinstall the current verion (1.0.3?) but the same thing happens.

Is there somewhere I can set log levels so that they tell me what is happening?

Openofficeless in BC . . . .

--
Ken Walker
http://lunar.ca