Re: Swedish myspell packages
Rene Engelhard wrote:
Ok, I have already merged my packages, but I can easily split them
again. The ITP (bug #221992) will be misleading if the packages are
split but I guess you can tell me how to fix this, if it was to become
But I would hold off to package -hyphenation-* (and therefore add the
Provides: of it) as long as we haven't thought out an solution
how we are going to handle that stuff yet. We are going to discuss it
with James, but I think he has other things to do right now so it will
take some days...
No, this was because the dsdt-policy draft says so:
3. I guess this was to make the dictionary work with Mozilla?
myspell-sv-1.3.8-6/debian$ cat myspell-sv-se.links
... which was written so to make it working with mozilla, too. This is
just one way. I tested the symlink method (which I prefer since that
makes installing the dicts easier with dh_install)..
Another point is that all people know the names and installing - _may_
OOo does not need you to call the dictionary sv_SE.dic - I suggest you
install it with the filename that Mozilla requires and change
myspell-sv-se.dictlistinfo to read 'DICT sv SE sv-SE'. That way you do
not need the links.
What I tried to describe earlier is that it doesn't work correctly with
mozilla even with these symlinks, contrary to what
http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html#dictionaries lead me to
believe. If I make symlinks
then "Swedish" becomes an option in the spellcheck dialog, this could
however conflict with a Finno-Swedish package.
There may be a possibility of mozilla not supporting sv-* (note the
-). It works for almost all the dicts which came around me, though..
I'm not sure if the differences between sv_SE and sv_FI are large enough to
justify two different packages, so maybe there is no real risc for
conflict. The fact that mozilla understands "sv" but not "sv_SE" can
perhaps be taken as an indication that the mozilla developers consider the
I tested adding the symlinks:
sv-FI.aff -> sv_SE.aff
sv-FI.dic -> sv_SE.dic
in /usr/share/myspell/dicts and then "Swedish/Finland" appeared in
mozilla's list of languages.
Thus it seems that mozilla expects the dictionaries for "ordinary"
Swedish to be "sv.aff" and "sv.dic", while it looks for Finno-Swedish
dictionaries in "sv-FI.aff" and "sv-FI.dic". So perhaps making the symlinks:
sv.aff -> sv_SE.aff
sv.dic -> sv_SE.dic
won't cause problems as long as mozilla behaves the way it does now (I
have only tested version 1.5-3).