Re: Thesaurus & other problems

Hi,

[ could you please wrap your lines after 72 chars. thanks - rewrapped
ah, and you could you please add your full name in the appropriate
field in your mailer? And why are you sending your mail two times? ]

james@soon.co.uk wrote:
> 1/ The spell checker in spite of installing MySpell as recommended
> did not work until I changed the 'User-defined dictionaries' path in
> options dialogue box to:
>
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/
>
> The reason I am saying this is because my actions may have affected
> my 2nd problem.

Which openoffice.org-debian-files version have you installed?
-3 restores a missing symlink which caused the myspell things not
being found...

> 2/ I have been totally unable to get the thesaurus working since I
> installed the program. This is in spite of ticking the
> OpenOffice.org Thesaurus tick box in the  options dialogue box.

Hmm...

> 3/ New document 'File' menu & tool-bar icon option does not work
> when I try and select these options nothing appears (I assume that I
> would get a selection of options like spreadsheet, presentation
> etc...) and nothing happens. I have ooops-kde installed but I would
> prefer to select new document types from the File menu.

Works here...

> 4/ OpenOffice crashes when using help. I have been using OO a lot
> for word processing & spreadsheet work and it seems very stable. But
> when I use the help system OO regularly crashes with the following
> error message:
>
> An unrecoverable error has occurred. All modified files have been
> saved  can probably be recovered at program restart.

Hmm..

> I would be grateful for any pointers that would help to sort out
> these problems.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sorry that don't have ideas for the most of the problems (yet).

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73