Re: [announce] OpenOffice.org 1.0.1-5 packages uploaded to unstable

Jack Howarth wrote:
> Chris,
>    I'm rather confused here. I just looked on ftp.debian.org in
> "/debian/pool/contrib/o" and can find no evidence of the openoffice.org
> packages. Aren't they susposed to be on the main ftp servers now?

As noted in Chris mail, the OpenOffice.org packages are considered
"new" with regards to the Debian archive.  The ftp people need to
review its licence, need to decide whether to inform the BXA (for
crypto enabled software), need to add all required overrride entries,
and finally process the .changes file.

Hence, the files are currently stored in a /new/ directory where only
the .changes file is publically readable.  It will take a while before
all of the above is done and the packages are accepted into the
archive.  Please stay patient until it happens.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Ten years and still binary compatible.  -- XFree86