Re: lablgtk2 override disparity

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 04:47:09AM -0400, Debian Installer wrote:
> There are disparities between your recently accepted upload and the
> override file for the following file(s):
>
> liblablgtk2-ocaml_0.beta.20030423-2_i386.deb: package says section is libs, override says devel.
>
> Either the package or the override file is incorrect.  If you think
> the override is correct and the package wrong please fix the package
> so that this disparity is fixed in the next upload.  If you feel the
> override is incorrect then please reply to this mail and explain why.

Now, i am a bit baffled, i don't really know who is the human reading
this, but my understanding of the libdevel section stuff and such is
that :

  o All libfoo-ocaml packages should go into the libs section.
    They are runtime libraries needed to actually run the binaries
    linked to them.

  o All libfoo-ocaml-dev packages should go into the libdevel section
    (would be nice if the changelog vim syntax would know about them
    also though). They are needed to build binaries, and as thus are
    rightly placed in the development library section.

  o But what about the foo source package which contain these two ?
    Should it also have a section, and if yes, which ?