Re: ocaml compiled binaries and rpath

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 03:26:00PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
[...]
> > > Finally, maybe all this shows that there is a propper usage of rpath
> > > finally, and that the ocaml_packaging_policy should allow rpath for
> > > these cases, and these cases only.

I never said that rpath is evil, one must know its benefits and drawbacks
and decide when to use it.  In our case, I am still not convinced it
does a good job, but I need more time; you guys are thinking too fast
for me, I have to test how OCaml does use it.

> >  Maybe. But the scary scenario of Denis where you end up compiling
> >  against an old version still applied, doesn't it?

I think so.

> We don't care. It is just a matter of discipline, you build your
> packages in pbuilder or upload source only and let the autobuilders do
> their job.

Ouch, do you really believe that everyone builds his packages with
pbuilder?  And in this case please add Build-Conflicts against previous
versions to make sure that there are no problems.

Denis