Re: Hi, packaging mldonkey, rpath + other questions

Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 03:13:19PM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> > Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> > > Yes, do you want to argue with upstream ?
> >
> > No, just fix the debian package of ocaml.
>
> Please, submit a patch about it, and i will consider applying it ...
>
> More seriously, as i have no idea how the rpath stuff works internally,
> i am very badly placed about doing this kind of work, don't you think ?

Same here. I greped the source and it seems rpath is only in 3 files,
only of them source. rpath is in the configure stuff, so there might
be a compiletime option to turn it off already.

Its low on my todo list. I will ignore it till something breaks,
someone complains or I get bored.

> the second one would divert the binaries of the first one, or something
> such.

mldonkey is a start script (doing a cd and starting the real mldonkey),
the mldonkey and 2 small example files. I think packages that conflict
would be good enough. Making them coexist or divert each other
probably uses more space than duplicate example files and startup
script. I don't think someone wants the bytecompile and optimised on
the same system.

MfG
        Goswin