Debian-NP/Morphix Bootable CD Available for Download

Greetings,

There is an image of the bootable CD that is now available online for
people to check out, test, and download!

For the bandwidth challenged, we have screenshots of the desktop
available:
  http://debian-np.alioth.debian.org/debian-np-screenshot-2003-11-27-2.jpg
  http://debian-np.alioth.debian.org/debian-np-screenshot-2003-11-27-1.jpg

For the people with fast connections, you can grab the Real Deal (!)
that weighs in at 558MB:
  http://debian-np.alioth.debian.org/debian-np-20031127-2.iso

If someone can help us set up a bittorrent, that would be fantastic.

While downloading, you should check out the boot options:
  http://am.xs4all.nl/phpwiki/index.php/MorphixBootOptions

We're going to be printing at least the instructions for the keyboard
layout, language options on the back cover of the CD or
something. You'll type need to type "morphix lang=XX" using the
following options:

  bg|be|ch|cn|cs|cz|da|de|dk|es|fi|fr|it|ja|nl|pl|ru|sk|tr|tw|uk|us

The interface is essentially only in English but I've put on l10n and
help files for OO in as many languages as I could fit/find.

Depending on LPI/HP's schedule for the WSIS, we may be able to get in
a test/fix/re-release cycle before these things are sent to press.

We're going to be working on documenting the rest of the process and
uploading things into CVS on alioth. If you don't yet have an alioth
account, you should go ahead and create one[1] and then email either
myself or Enrico with your unix-name on alioth and we will add you to
the group. :) There's still plenty to do -- check the wiki and IRC. :)

Thanks to everyone who helped with this!

Regards,
Mako

[1] http://alioth.debian.org

--