Re: DM application of Alexander Golovko

Hi there!

This is my advocacy for Alexander Golovko <alexandro@ankalagon.ru>.  I
hope I got it right, according to [1] and [2] a signed mail is the way
to go.  Please Cc: me on replies.

[1] <http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-checklist>
[2] <http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step1>

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:03:48 +0200, Alexander Golovko wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, i co-maintain the packages bacula*.

I confirm that Alexandro is hardly working on Bacula and he was the main
force behind the inclusion of a more up-to-date version of Bacula in
wheezy [3].

[3] <mid:87obomcotg.fsf@gismo.pca.it>
    <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-bacula-devel/2012-June/000308.html>

After starting submitting patches to the BTS [4][5] (then forwarded
upstream), also an RFS for a related package [6], he spontaneously asked
on the pkg-bacula-devel@ mailing list about the Debian workflow [7] and
I helped him understanding how the team works, including details about
the packaging itself (e.g. clearing some parts related to Policy & Co.
or working through git-buildpackage).

[4] <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=658326#26>
[5] <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=646730#36>
[6] <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cig?bug=672133>
[7] <mid:8dae00e2d1f8b61e069b614d20bbf479@ankalagon.ru>
    <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-bacula-devel/2012-May/000200.html>

He quickly reacted to my reply: I should admit that without his work [8]
I could have been lost.  He acted on old and new bugs, always doing a
very-well documented work and using the BTS accordingly (tags & Co.).
He has also started integrating the Ubuntu changes [9].  Lately, he
asked for a freeze exception for the latest upstream version [10], again
doing an excellent work at answering questions.

[8] <mid:d038c67d6d80de61908c67a7eb220267@ankalagon.ru>
    <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-bacula-devel/2012-May/000249.html>
[9] <mid:cc61adf8763283299d489800bc6cb5d5@ankalagon.ru>
    <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-bacula-devel/2012-July/000414.html>
[10] <http://lists.debian.org/48043219fb6e6bc164fb4d49332afece@ankalagon.ru>

I thus strongly support his application, he has a clear understanding of
the Debian universe and he has always been very keen on learning new
(ways to do) things whenever needed.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca