Re: DM application of Mehdi ABAAKOUK

On 05/31/2012 03:47 PM, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the packages python-lzo
> and I co-maintain the OpenStack packages
> My GnuPG key EC0FC7E8 is signed by the Debian Developer Loic Dachary
> <loic@debian.org>.
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> attention.

Hi,

I've known Mehdi for over a year now. He is not only a technically able person but also a gentle and agreeable human being. A quality that is much needed for every Debian GNU/Linux developers as we often face bug reports or problems that require patience and dedication.

In the past weeks he worked hard to resolve numerous problems related to the OpenStack packages maintained  by the https://alioth.debian.org/projects/openstack/ team. I know he has been doing this work on his spare time. But the result and the level of communication with the other members of the team have been nothing but exemplary. He was quick to respond and his work improved the state of the packaging at a critical time (wheezy is coming ! ;-).

His work can be seen in the http://anonscm.debian.org/git/git/openstack/ git repositories for nova or keystone. The packages can be found at http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/keystone.html and http://packages.qa.debian.org/n/nova/news/20120521T064849Z.html for instance.

I also know that the company he works for will rely on him to keep doing Debian GNU/Linux packaging for OpenStack. This is an asset for the OpenStack packaging team and for Debian GNU/Linux. If mehdi is a Debian Maintainer, he will have the means as well as the skills to do a lot of good work.

I think Mehdi will be an excellent Debian Maintainer and that he will quickly show that he can be a Debian Developer.

Cheers

begin:vcard
fn:Loic Dachary
n:Dachary;Loic