Re: DM application of Janos Guljas

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 04:30:29PM +0200, Janos Guljas wrote:
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages python-dexml, python-django-feincms,
> python-django-localeurl, python-django-mptt, python-django-shorturls,
> python-fs, python-mongoengine, python-mrjob, python-pyftpdlib,
> python-slimmer, python-textile, python-tidylib, transifex-client and I
> co‐maintain the package pymongo.
> My GnuPG key D26DF9D3 is signed by the Debian Developer Faidon Liambotis
> <paravoid@debian.org>.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

I have been sponsoring the uploads of most of the above packages, doing
multiple uploads of each since the start of the year.

Janos has been thorough, technically apt and excellent to collaborate
with. He has shown a deep understanding of the Debian project, its
technical merits and policy as well as its philosophy and ideals. During
the course of these months, he has solved a number of both technical and
licensing issues in his packages, raising them with upstreams when
needed, in the course of finding the best and proper solution. I have
been doing his uploads without the need to make any comments for quite
some time now.

Moreover, we met in Bosnia, during DebConf11; Janos was attending and he
was an active member of our community, collaborating with multiple
people and trying to find new ways to contribute to the project.

I fully support his application to become a Debian Maintainer.

Regards,
Faidon