AM Report for Vincent Legout <vincent@legout.info>

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Vincent
   Last name:       Legout
   Key fingerprint: 5504 3B43 EFEB 282F 587C  F581 6598 7890 58A2 3DE9
   Account:         vlegout
   Forward email:   vincent@legout.info

   ID check passed, key signed by many existing Debian developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
gpg: requesting key 58A23DE9 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
pub   4096R/58A23DE9 2009-07-08
uid                  Vincent Legout <vincent@legout.info>
sig!3        07F89BB8 2010-11-01  Ludovico Gardenghi <garden@acheronte.it>
sig!3        11691130 2010-11-01  Georges Khaznadar (Organisation for Free Software in Education and Teaching) <georgesk@ofset.org>
sig!         49AB2B6C 2010-11-03  Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>
sig!         33E749FC 2010-07-24  Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com>
sig!         4D6E25A8 2010-11-01  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.frmug.org>
sig!         8649AA06 2010-11-02  gregor herrmann <gregor.herrmann@comodo.priv.at>
sig!3        58A23DE9 2009-07-08  Vincent Legout <vincent@legout.info>
sig!3        58A23DE9 2010-07-24  Vincent Legout <vincent@legout.info>
uid                  Vincent Legout <vlegout@gmail.com>
sig!         DF67A55E 2010-11-03  Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>
uid                  Vincent Legout <vincent.legout@reseau.eseo.fr>
sig!3        07F89BB8 2010-11-01  Ludovico Gardenghi <garden@acheronte.it>
sig!3        11691130 2010-11-01  Georges Khaznadar (Organisation for Free Software in Education and Teaching) <georgesk@ofset.org>
sig!         49AB2B6C 2010-11-03  Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>
sig!         33E749FC 2010-07-24  Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com>
sig!         4D6E25A8 2010-11-01  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.frmug.org>
sig!         8649AA06 2010-11-02  gregor herrmann <gregor.herrmann@comodo.priv.at>
sig!3        58A23DE9 2010-07-24  Vincent Legout <vincent@legout.info>
sub   4096R/6620B315 2009-07-08
sig!         58A23DE9 2009-07-08  Vincent Legout <vincent@legout.info>

42 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
Key has 4096 bits.
Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:
I am a 23 years old french phd student in computer science living in
Paris. I used GNU/Linux for the first time in 2004 with Mandrake (now
known as Mandriva) but I soon switched to Ubuntu where I did my first
contributions in 2007. I switch again to Debian in 2008 and I now use
Debian as my main operating system.

I uploaded my first package (gimmix) in 2008 and I contribute to
Debian on a regular basis since then. I currently maintain 12
packages, most of them in the Debian Games Team. Being a chess player,
I try to keep chess packages like xboard in good shape and I also
maintain some board games.

I also maintain qalculate, a calculator, with its shared library. The
qt version was removed from unstable a few weeks ago and upstream is
not active anymore but I want to keep maintaining it as I use it from
times to times. I did a few QA uploads in 2010, and I hope I will keep
doing so given the large number of orphaned packages in Debian.

My studies are related to operating systems and I tried the freebsd
and hurd ports but I didn't find the time to look at them closely. I
would be very pleased if I can contribute to this effort though.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Vincent has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Vincent committed to uphold the SC
   and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Vincent has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He maintains many packages both alone as a DM (assogiate, qalculate-gtk,
   libqalculate) and within the Debian's pkg-games team. (fairymax, canto, gimmix)
   Vincent answered my other T&S questions in a very good way and just
   with really minor hints from my side.

   I, then, recommend to accept Vincent as a Debian Developer.