Re: DM application of Philipp Kaluza

Hi!

On Saturday 30 July 2011 12:21:37 Philipp Kaluza wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the package pida. I'm also active in a number of
> upstream and downstream projects, and want to contribute to Debian
> more directly.

I have not been involved in Philipp's packaging efforts, but I knwo him
personally for nearly 20 years now and have always been impressed by his
technical skills and enthusiasm for free software. Philipp has a very good
understanding of the FLOSS community and that he attended DebConf in 2007 and
2011 shows his dedication for Debian. (As a matter of fact, Philipp played a
major role in bringing me to Debian in the first place.) I think he would be
an asset to the project and therefore I support his application to become a
Debian maintainer.

Thanks,
Frank