Re: Debian Maintainer application

On 03/02/2011 01:34 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I am reopening this DM application since I have some pledges from DDs to
> advocate for me.  I am reconfirming that I have read the Social
> Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian Machine Usage
> Policy and agree with all of them. Also, I now have many more visible
> contributions to Debian:

I have not done debian packaging work with Hans (i don't do much in the
way of multimedia), but i have collaborated with Hans as part of DC10
organizing, and as part of other debian-related events (bug-squashing
parties, novice nights, workshops) in NYC.  I'm happy with his social
and technical contributions to this organizing.

Hans has done good work, is clearly committed to the principles of the
project, is a friendly and welcoming presence to newcomers, and is
generally helpful and level-headed.

I don't know if this can count as an official DM advocacy, since i
cannot make a claim from personal experience about his specific skills
as a debian packager.  But i can say that it is definitely good to have
him in our community.

Welcome, Hans!

	--dkg