Re: DM application of Stephen Kitt

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:32:39PM +0100, Piotr O??arowski wrote:
>[Stephen Kitt]
>>This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
>
>I support Stephen's application (I'm sponsoring mednafen and stella)

Please give us more details in your advocacy.

At http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer, it reads:

  Advocating a Debian Maintainer

  A Debian Developer should only advocate a Debian Maintainer candidate
  if they are familiar with the candidate's existing work in Debian and
  believe it to be of a suitable standard both technically and socially.

  Debian Developers advocating Debian Maintainer candidates (or
  potential Debian Developers for that matter) must go into a bit more
  detail in their advocacy.

  If the Debian Maintainer candidate has done "a great job", please
  explain what "a great job" means -- is there something special the
  candidate has done, or is it that whatever the candidate is working on
  is particularly important, or is the candidate remarkably consistent,
  or what?

  What has the candidate actually done that has earned your trust? What
  makes the candidate special compared to the other folks who are
  helping Debian? What in particular about the candidate's work should
  people lurking on the Debian lists be trying to emulate if they want
  to be a Debian Maintainer or a Debian Developer?

  For example, if the Debian Maintainer candidate has good packaging
  skills, go into a bit more detail about what's convinced you the
  candidate has got those skills? Are there any difficult bugs you've
  worked together on, or new features the candidate has done a good job
  of getting into Debian, or has the candidate been particularly helpful
  supporting users, or...?