Re: Intent to become a Debian Maintainer

xavier grave <xavier.grave@ipno.in2p3.fr> writes:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1].

I hereby support Xavier's application.

Xavier is a nice team player, both enthusiastic and technically
skilled. He has been working on Debian for longer than he admits; among
other useful contributions, he ported gnat-4.2 to mips back in 2007
(first contributed to Debian and then merged upstream) and has been
working on polyorb for more than a year; his efforts combined with those
of the other co-maintainers culminated in this very complex package
reaching testing yesterday.

Xavier has also been granted remote access to several porter machines
and used the privilege wisely to solve RC bugs lately.

I have been his sponsor and mentor all this time and he has reached a
point where he now needs less guidance and more freedom to upload his
existing packages; I have already added the DM-Upload-Allowed flag to
these packages in anticipation of his application.

I do hope that Xavier can grow into a full Debian Developer in time.

--
Ludovic Brenta.