Re: Debian Maintainer application for Rolf Leggewie

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 07:28:27PM +0100, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to declare my intent to become a Debian Maintainer. I have
> read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian
> Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

Good.

> Maintainer:
>
> * bugz
> * gbirthday
> * gjots2
> * gourmet
> * pastebinit
>
> Co-Maintainer:
>
> * kasumi
> * scim
> * scim-anthy
> * wondershaper
>
> I started out pushing back packages from Ubuntu, packaging my own and
> improving packages I use while learning the art of packaging "on the
> job".  My packages are still not perfect, but I'm always striving to
> improve them.  My main interest are Japan-related packages and smoothing
> cooperation with Ubuntu.  I also love the sound of squashed bugs ;-) I'm
> also a long-time contributor to openembedded.org.  Thank you for your
> consideration.
>
> Regards
>
> Rolf Leggewie

Although his name does not sounds like Japanese (probably he is from
EU), his skill and enthusiasm to maintain few of the most essential
Japanese packages (scim-anthy, kasumi) and benefits many Japanese users.
I have to also mention, he also take care one of the core package for
many  non-EU/US languages (scim).

(These programs help imput localized UTF-8 characters from keyboard.)

His Japanese comminication skill and Ubuntu package maintenance track
record also proves his positive impact to Debian.  His Japanese skill
helps to bridge Japanese developers who are not confortable with English
to Debian.  (I know I should do that too ...)

I recommend hin to DM and I hope he will apply to NM to be DD some day.

Osamu