Re: Reapplying as a DD after soft rejection

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 06:21:04PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Martin Meredith wrote:
> > Thomas, I was the person who soft rejected you.  As I've told you before you
> > were not rejected because of "not replying correctly when analyzing licence
> > files", but because you seemed to be struggling a lot through P&P, and I was
> > concerned that you were not yet ready.
>
> Yes, I didn't go in the details of my application, I can here.
>
> I believe that I have been too quick and not careful enough in my
> answers, especially for these license stuffs that I found a bit boring.
> I was willing to do this fast to get rid of it, and I didn't consider
> enough how important it was in the eyes of many DD, and my AM. I wont
> make the same mistake again.
>
> I still appreciate the time you spent with me on it, even though I was
> really disappointed to have been rejected, and sad when realizing how
> stupid I have been to reply that fast. Never the less, going through
> these P&P questions helped me to realize the P&P of Debian, which is the
> purpose of asking these questions, I believe.

I'm glad to hear this, again, my advice stands. Please ask your advocate to have
a few words with the NM committee first, so he understands what the issues were
previously, and can vouch as to whether they've been resolved. After all, if the
same problems exist, then there is no point going through the process just to
hit the same stumbling blocks!