Re: DM application for Gürkan Sengün

On 25/06/09 at 01:32 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@phys.ethz.ch> wrote:
>
> > I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>
> I have a concern about this application:
>
> There are 8 open RC bugs against his packages, none of them seem to
> have any action on them by him and some date back to 2008.
>
> I do acknowledge that Gürkan has a lot of packages, experiences
> problems finding enough sponsors to help upload the packages he
> maintains and that DM might give him the ability to maintain his
> packages better.

On the other hand, finding sponsors for uploads that only fix RC bugs
should not be a problem. (If it is, then we are a bigger community
problem than I thought).

While I've met Gürkan, and consider him a very nice guy that brings a
lot to Debian by maintaining packages that would otherwise be
abandonned, I don't think that he currently shows that he is able to
properly maintain the number of packages that he wants to maintain.

Gürkan, I think that it would be better if you worked on cleaning up
your packages' status before applying for DM, so your profile looks more
convincing. Also, you still maintain most of your packages on your own.
Couldn't you join some teams, that would help you find sponsors?