Re: Intent to become a Debian Maintainer

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 10:09:23AM +0200, Filippo Rusconi wrote:

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer,
> according to specifications at [0].

Based on our years-long cooperation with me as mentor / sponsor, on
the polyxmass and now massxpert packages, I support Filippo's
application to DM status.

On a technical level, I consider him completely able to do routine
maintenance tasks on a package, such as packaging a new upstream
version, by himself. The upload rights of the DM status thus are a
good match. I've sponsored an upload of massxpert (currently in NEW)
with the DM-Upload-Allowed bit set, and that's the intention of where
Filippo will use his DM upload rights.

He has shown himself to be very eager to learn, an avid documentation
reader and eager to perfection the packaging above the usual Debian
community standards (e.g. separation between build-arch and
arch-indep, which is hard to get right and few package maintainers
bother doing).

On the social level, I can only testify of his interaction with me,
naturally. And we've become good friends, so he must be doing
something right :)

--
Lionel