Intent to become a Debian Maintainer

Greetings, Debianists,

This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer,
according to specifications at [0].

I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

See below for my Debian-related work.

My GnuPG key C78F687C is signed by the Debian Developers Lionel Mamane
and Stefano Zacchiroli.

I would be delighted to become a Debian Maintainer as I now feel like
giving back to the Debian community!

Some Debian-related personal background:

GNU/Linux is my computing environment since late 1999. The Debian
distro has been my unique computing platform since 2002 and all my
students in the lab have used it (and, for the most part, they do not
look back). I have installed Debian GNU/Linux on countless machines
over the years and successfully converted to Free Software a number of
people.

Debian has been my primary development platform for the GNU
polyXmass software (polyxmass package [0]) for a number of years. I
now ceased developing it [1], as I'm working on a much better
replacement: massXpert [2]. This new software already greatly
outperforms GNU polyXmass in terms of features and ease of use.

The massXpert software program is intended for scientists who perform
simulations/analyses of mass spectrometric data on (bio-)polymers. As
a CNRS [3] staff scientist myself, I use massXpert (along with other
collaborators) on a daily basis for my own research work and have thus
designed it with all the features that I and my collaborators need. I
have been preparing packages with my mentor Lionel Elie Mamane
(massxpert-bin, massxpert-data and massxpert-doc).

Thank you for your kind attention.

Filippo Rusconi

~~~~~~~~~~
[0] <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers>.

[1] For which I filed a RM/ROM bug report to ftp.debian.org (bug
closed already).

[2] http://www.massxpert.org

[3] Centre national de la Recherche scientifique (French national research council)

--
(Please, deactivate the HTML mail feature: use simple text mail for me.)

Filippo Rusconi, PhD - CNRS - public key C78F687C @ pgp.mit.edu

Author of ``massXpert''     at http://www.massxpert.org

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1471-2105-7-226.pdf
http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1472-6750-5-6.pdf

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hs=Qqv&hl=en&safe=off&q=rusconi+filippo

U565 INSERM - UMR5153 CNRS - USM0503 MNHN
Laboratoire "Dynamique et Régulation des génomes"
57, rue Cuvier                       Tél. : +33 (0)1 40 79 38 84
Case Postale 26
F-75231 Paris CEDEX 05 FRANCE        Fax  : +33 (0)1 40 79 37 05