Report for applicant Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>

Hello,

Report for new developer applicant:

   Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

Key ID: 0x65c354af, signed by at least Martin Pitt.
Keycheck results:

   Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
   Receiving and checking key

   gpg: using classic trust model
   pub   1024D/65C354AF 2001-02-27
         Key fingerprint = C538 8A1B AF1D FC19 BC51  6A9F 5D92 749B 65C3 54AF
   uid                  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
   sig!3        5E0577F2 2003-05-02  Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de>
   sig!3        65C354AF 2009-01-05  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
   uid                  Jan Dittberner <jan@gnuviech.info>
   sig!3        65C354AF 2009-01-05  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
   uid                  Jan Dittberner <jan@jan-dittberner.de>
   sig!3        5E0577F2 2003-05-02  Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de>
   sig!3        65C354AF 2009-01-05  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
   uid                  Jan Dittberner <jan@gnuviech-server.de>
   sig!3        65C354AF 2009-01-05  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
   uid                  Jan Dittberner <jan.dittberner@googlemail.com>
   sig!3        65C354AF 2009-01-05  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
   uid                  Jan Dittberner (SourceForge) <jandd@users.sourceforge.net>
   sig!3        65C354AF 2009-01-05  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
   uid                  [jpeg image of size 2213]
   sig!3        65C354AF 2009-01-05  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
   sub   1024g/5CA367DB 2001-02-27
   sig!         65C354AF 2001-02-27  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>

   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

Applicant background:

   I'm 31 years old (born 1977-08-08 in Löbau, GDR). I live in Dresden,
   Germany with my wife, two little kids as well as two cats.

   I studied computer science and cognitive psychology at the Technical
   University Dresden from 1997 till 2000. I work as a software engineer
   since 2000 and as a software architect since the beginning of 2008.
   My work experience is primarily Java based (JEE, Coremedia CMS and
   e-Commerce). Since last year I'm involved in a large internal
   SemanticMediaWiki project of my employer. I'm self employed in a
   second job and do some Debian based hosting as well as custom
   software development with Python and PHP.

   I started working with computers in 1990 after the Fall of the Wall.
   I started with a KC85/4 and started programming with its integrated
   BASIC and hand crafted machine code. In 1992 I got my first PC and
   started some Turbo Pascal programming in MS-DOS. In 1997, when I
   started my studies of computer science and got access to the internet
   I discovered Linux. My journey took me from SuSE to RedHat, I were
   involved a bit more with Mandrake Linux and did some RPM packaging
   for this distribution. My first contact with Debian was at the
   university's PC pool where a friendly administrator installed it as a
   dual boot option.

   I'm using Debian since shortly after the Potato release in 2000. My
   machines at home, the server I use for my hosting business as well as
   some machines (real and virtual ones) I use at my full time job
   employer's are running Debian. The great package management, some
   nice tools (like the Apache webserver configuration layout and the
   Exim mailserver) and the free software philosophy of Debian are the
   main reasons that turned me away from the other Distributions.

   I started contributing to Debian via bug reports. My first package
   was migrate, an addon for the SQLAlchemy OR-Mapping and database
   abstraction framework. When upstream did not have time to improve
   migrate I took over the project's maintenance. In 2008 I joined the
   Debian Python Modules Team (DPMT) and started work on some more
   packages. I contributed some improvements to the cracklib2 package
   that I use on my hosting server and it's maintainer Martin Pitt
   offered me to take over the package and I maintain it since then. I
   improved cracklibs Python binding using ideas from the older
   python-crack package and contributed it to cracklib upstream's SVN. I
   contributed patches for some bugs during the Lenny release cycle and
   improved the antlr package together.

   In January I developed the Debian developer portfolio service that is
   now available at http://ddportfolio.debian.net/ and hosted at my
   server. The service is inspired by Stefano Zacchiroli's Debian Wiki
   page http://wiki.debian.org/DDPortfolio. I hope that this service is
   and will be useful for Debian's developer community. The feedback I
   got so far was quite encouraging.

   My primary interests in Debian are packaging of software I use and
   keeping these packages in a good shape. I want to continue my work in
   the DPMT and get more involved in the Java packaging team I joined
   recently. Maybe I can contribute some of the skills I earned managing
   Debian machines at my jobs.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
Jan has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and Procedures.
He answered my Questions about Social Contract, DFSG, BTS etc. in a good
way.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
Jan is the maintainer of several packages including cracklib,
pam-pgsql and some python modules.  He also runs the DDPortfolio service
at http://ddportfolio.debian.net/.

DDPO (http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jan@dittberner.info)
shows a list of packages neatly kept up to date and bug free.

He answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
Account:       jandd
Forward-Email: jan@dittberner.info

Ciao,

Enrico