Re: DM application for Kęstutis Biliūnas

Quoting Kęstutis Biliūnas (kebil@kaunas.init.lt):

> I am CC-ing my sponsors, so they can advocate on this my application.
> In this case, I behave very discourteous, because I have not asked them
> about the advocating in advance. If any one of them will against, I will
> refuse to become a a Debian Maintainer. Sorry for such a pressure.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> attention.

It's quite a long time since I work with Kęstutis. He is very active
in Lithuanian localization but also maintaining packages.

He maintained fontforge for quite a long time and is indeed still
maintaining it in some way (the package is team-maintained as Kęstutis
wanted to step out a little for this package).

After the first few uploads, most of fontforge releases I uploaded had
no problem at all and, with the very few problems encountered,
Kęstutis has always been very responsive and reactive, also showing a
good knowledge of the technical skills needed to properly maintain
Debian packages.

In the case of that package, I would blindly trust him to not break
things and would for instance be very happy to upload a version of
that package which would set him as Maintainer (even though this is
probably not the first package he would want to become a maintainer
for).