Re: Debian maintainer application for Olivier Berger

On 09/02/09 at 17:07 +0100, Olivier Berger wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers>.

Hi,

I can't judge Olivier's technical skills related to Debian (I never
sponsored him, nor reviewed uploads he prepared).

However, I'd like to mention that he has been around and interested in
Debian for a long time, and is involved in Debian-related research
projects, where he is interested in cross-projects collaboration tools
(like sharing bug trackers data). He is also the chairman for the
"Development" session of Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre (aka
LSM). I gave a talk in that session last year about "doing your first
contribution to Debian", so I'm sure he at least knows the basics ;)

More seriously, I think Olivier can be trusted to generally do The
Right Thing, so I hope others will be able to be better advocates than
me.