Re: DM application for Marcelo Jorge Vieira

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 17:20 -0200, Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) wrote:
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines
> and Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

I recommend Marcelo be accepted as a Debian Maintainer. I have been
following (and giving some advice on) his work to make the javascript
and php libraries situation in Debian suck less by turning them into
packages and working with maintainers to remove private copies with
great interest.

He has a good understanding of Debian packaging, and is a good php and
javascript developer, which I believe make him a good candidate for
helping lead this effort, and be able to upload his own packages.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
Debian Project