Re: DM application for Marcelo Jorge Vieira

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 05:20:21PM -0200, Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) wrote:
> [I had problems with my mail server, I'm sorry if someone received two copies...]
>
> Hi,
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines
> and Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> I'm also in NM process, but was un-assigned due to AM's
> time constraints.
>
> I noticed that there are several packages using the JS libs, as:
> prototype, scriptaculous, jquery, mochikit, jscropperui, etc;
> Then I decided to create these packages to keep a single copy
> of them in debian repository. Talking with Daniel Baumann,
> we decided to create a Javascript Team [0].
>
> [0] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-javascript-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> I did the same for PHP libs, as: snoopy, simplepie,
> php-gettext, class jabber and magpierss.
>
> With my friend Thadeu Cascardo, I created a XMPP Team [1],
> but we're still beginning...
>
> [1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-xmpp-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> I maintain others packages, the full list is here [2]
>
> [2] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=metal@alucinados.com
>
> My GnuPG key 809DE012 is signed by:
> * Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
> * Felipe Augusto van de Wiel <faw@debian.org>
> * Pablo Lorenzzoni <spectra@debian.org>

Before I became a DD, I started working on the xdebug package. When I contacted
my sponsor regarding it, he put me in touch with Marcelo, who was also working
on the package, seperately. I don't actually know what happened here, and tried
on multiple occasions to try and contact Marcelo about working together,
however, I never recieved any responses.

This isn't an objection, just a note. CC'd to Francois, who was the sponsor at
the time incase he wants to chip in on this.