Re: DM application for Jonathan Wiltshire

On Sunday 18 January 2009 03:44:38 Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

> I would like to apply for Debian Maintainer status, as a first step
> before starting the full NM process.
>
> I have read and agree to abide by the Social Contract, DFSG and Machine
> Usage Policies.
>
> I am CC-ing my previous sponsors for their comments. With their kind
> assistance I have the following packages in or waiting to enter the
> archive:
>  * adtool
>  * copher
>  * gnome-gpg
>  * gxemul (with fixes in testing)
>  * replaceit
>  * webcpp
>  * whohas
>  * backintime (awaiting sponsorship)
>  * rednotebook (awaiting sponsorship)

I have been sponsoring gxemul, replaceit, and whohas occasionally. My
observations are that Jonathan's work is sound, safe and very predictable.

Some examples include:
* cherry-picking important patch from gxemul VCS and backporting it for the
version in lenny (though he just had adopted it back then);
* improved the general gxemul package quality by using debhelper7's dh when
asked to do so (i.e. able to dig and understand packaging documentation and
apply it as well);
* worked with several DD's, users, and the upstream on extending whohas (as
could be seen in BTS).

I believe he would be able to take care of these three packages (at least)
himself alone, so I recommend DM status.