AM report for Michael Casadevall <sonicmctails@gmail.com>

Report for new developer applicant Michael Casadevall <sonicmctails@gmail.com>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x9DA2DA9B:
   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
pub   1024D/9DA2DA9B 2008-07-06
      Key fingerprint = 869F DEB4 91C4 5F60 C767  E62E A5B9 5304 9DA2 DA9B
uid                  Michael Casadevall <mcasadevall@buildd.net>
sig!         75C024C8 2008-07-11  Yaroslav Halchenko (Yarik) <yoh@onerussian.com>
sig!3        9DA2DA9B 2008-07-06  Michael Casadevall <mcasadevall@buildd.net>
uid                  Michael Casadevall <sonicmctails@aol.com>
uid                  Michael Casadevall <sonicmctails@gmail.com>
sig!         75C024C8 2008-07-11  Yaroslav Halchenko (Yarik) <yoh@onerussian.com>
sig!3        9DA2DA9B 2008-07-06  Michael Casadevall <mcasadevall@buildd.net>
sub   2048g/96A5CE46 2008-07-06
sig!         9DA2DA9B 2008-07-06  Michael Casadevall <mcasadevall@buildd.net>

Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
Well, my name is Michael Casadevall, I'm 20, live in Rochester, NY, and I
work as a volunteer firefighter. Stressful job at times, but its extremely
rewarding. I run Debian and Ubuntu as my main Linux based operating
systems (Ubuntu on my laptop, and the girlfriend's desktop, and Debian on
everything else). I started using Linux back just after 2.0 was released,
with Red Hat 5, and I remained using Red Hat until it became closed
software.

As for my work in Debian, I consider myself a jack of all trades. I
originally got involved as a developer through the GNU Hurd project, which
has a debian distribution, where I learned the basics of FTBFS solving,
and porting packages. After some time, I was "drafted" into working with
the m68k port; how exactly that happened I'm unsure, just one day I was
doing hurd porting, then I was doing m68k porting .... I don't even own
any real m68k hardware ;-).

Working with the m68k team, I became a buildd admin, and worked on
managing a private w-b since buildd.d.o was down for our architecture for
a significant period of time. I've done work maintaining our toolchain,
and tweaks to keep the port going. When we were told we were forced to
leave Debian, I've been in charge of managing the coordination between the
ftp-masters and debian-ports w.r.t. to the move.

I also am in charge of heading up the unoffical m68k/kfreebsd-* releases,
and I run a dak server to that effect; I've contributed code to dak to fix
the import feature, as well other minor things. I handle the m68k release
and archive responsbilities, and I work with Stephen Marenka to handle
buildd administration. Although I don't know if m68k will ever formally
release again, the experience gained on this port is incredibly helpful.

I figure I should note that I have done some packaging work, with two
packages in the archive, and one stuck in the new queue, and I help with
pkg-gnome on the Ubuntu side of things.  I'm greatly interested in helping
with porting and the infrastructure of Debian in general, and helping
towards replacing projectb as a developer if/when that time comes.

   Google says:
	https://launchpad.net/~sonicmctails
	https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-August/004526.html
   [..]

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: mcasadevall
   Forward-Email: sonicmctails@gmail.com

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Michael has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. well. He has committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in
   his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

   Andrew Mitchell, [..]).  He has packages for codeblocks that noone has
   sponsored in yet.
   The packages are in reasonable shape.
   He also answered my questions regarding T&S without problems and
   provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend we accept Michael Casadevall as a Debian Developer.

Simon.

--
"Come on people, we've got to turn this place around. Hang out the lights,
string up the banners, castrate the cows!" - Mayor, SP.